Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Monday

Happy Monday!  I'm kinda glad it's almost over, actually.  It hasn't been a bad day or anything.  Just long.  The time change sure messes with our brains!  
I know this isn't the most exciting post, but I'm new with this blogging thing, so I'm just playing with it.  I only have one follower(you know who you are).  I hope you're enjoying this:).  
Let's see.  What did we do today?  It was a fairly typical day for this homeschooling family.  Woke up late(I'm blaming the time change for that). I made banana muffins hoping to cheer the kids up on a dreary, foggy Monday. Started school around 10ish. Took a break for lunch.  Long break.  Oh, and while I was preparing lunch, the kids tore diapers apart and took out those tiny water/pee absorbing crystals and made "gel" out of it.  Kinda cool.  So, I called that science.  Wow, we are multi-taskers!  Science AND lunch at the same time(because, yes, they ate while they "experimented")!  After their/my VERY long break, I read a couple chapters of On the Banks of Plum Creek(I even teared up at one point in the reading-I love that book!) .  Next, we loaded up all the crushed soda cans and brought them to the recycling center.  Jadan made 10 bucks!  Very cool!  Then we finished off the afternoon with a trip to the library.  After we got home, I spent about an hour trying to decide what to make for dinner.  At around 6:45 I started making dinner and we finally ate around 7:45!  Sweet and sour chicken and rice.  I even made my own sweet and sour sauce, mainly because halfway through cooking I realized I needed that instead of the stir fry sauce I thought it needed.  The kids LOVED it, to my suprise.  
Wow, this was quite the rambling post!  I hope you enjoy, special blog reader(s)!  I'm off to maybe play a quick game with the kids before bed.  Let's pray they fall asleep a little better tonight!
~Jess


1 comment:

  1. You are suck a good mom! i don't think i would have let the kids rip apart diapers ;) You'll have to give me your recipe for the sweet and sour sauce- I love sweet and sour sauce. I agree with the time change thing- really sucks!

    ReplyDelete